“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord and not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
-Colossians 3: 23-24
The mission of Benson Financial Group is to elevate the confidence of our clients regarding their financial future, while providing the highest level of integrity and service. We believe the advisor-client relationship is best served by our ability to provide comprehensive education utilizing a teamwork approach in a manner that allows our clients to view us as trusted-advisor for their entire financial home.
Our Beliefs and Guiding Principles
- Keep our fiduciary responsibility first and foremost - We have a responsibility to advise based on what is in the client’s best interest, rather than our own. Service and integrity must be at the forefront of EVERYTHING we do. We commit to hold ourselves to the highest level of ethical behavior, both professionally and personally.
- We start by listening - We strive to practice the art of listening well, and follow that with teaching in simplistic ways that are easily understandable.
- Begin with the end in mind - Sound planning should always be based on your goals, dreams, and concerns, and always trumps focusing only on rate of return projections.
- We pledge our collective commitment to lifelong learning - Not only do we strive to have the heart of a teacher, but also we commit to never stop educating ourselves. We will regularly engage in training and continuing education to ensure that you have access to the most up to date and accurate information, research, resources, and technology.
- Transparency with regards to compensation and cost - We are compensated through both commissions and fees, but whenever possible we prefer to provide fee-based service because it’s our belief that our compensation should be tied directly to the performance of our clients’ accounts. In addition, we make it a priority to make you aware of your cost for the products and services we provide.
- Offer fee-based advice and service - We believe you should be able to get appropriate financial advice from someone who does not have to sell you a product in order to be paid for the service and advice that is provided, and we believe that a fee-based advisory relationship best allows for that to occur.
- Our independence brings value to our clients - Our firm is aligned with an independent broker-dealer, Securities America. We especially value our independence because we can represent multiple investment and insurance companies, thereby helping us to find the best solution to meet the needs of our clients in the most suitable and cost efficient manner possible.
- Give back to our community - We will always seek to serve the communities in which we work and live.