Whether the goal is to leave behind a financial legacy for your family and loved ones, or to provide financial support to a charitable institution(s), your desired legacy can be protected through specific estate planning. Unfortunately, we have witnessed first-hand when our advice has been neglected and an appropriate estate plan has not been established, strangers (lawyers, the state, or others who do not have your best interest in mind) wind up playing a much larger role in deciding what happens to an estate than they should have.
Our estate planning services can assist you with the following*:
- Help you understand the importance of a will or a trust, and whether you are a strong candidate for one over the other
- Help you create Powers of Attorney (POA)
- Provide you guidance in selecting executors and/or in designating beneficiaries
- Estate tax-planning considerations
- Protecting your estate
- Health and welfare considerations
- Designing a distribution plan for your assets/legacy
In many instances, we have found it very helpful for our clients to invite their children/family into our discussions involving estate planning. We urge you to give such invitation strong consideration if it is appropriate to your situation.
*Securities America and its representatives do not provide tax or legal advice. These services are offered in conjunction with a qualified professional.